How long, do you think?

I'm starting to feel short in my house. I'm 5'6". My husband is 6'2". My 9 1/2 year old son is 4'8" and my 6 year old daughter is 3'10".

Hubby just pointed out that he's 8 inches taller that me, I'm 10 inches taller than our son, and our son is 10 inches taller than his sister.

Back to my question: how long do you think it will be before my kids are taller than me?

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 2:05 AM on Apr. 24, 2013 in Just for Fun

• a few years- mine passed me/us (hubby and I are very close to the same height) this past year. He is almost 17
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• dont feel bad im only 5 foot.. :) my daughter is short for 5. my 4 year old is average and my 9 month old is taller then average. im pretty sure my 2 boys will be taller then i am. My daughter not so much. and if she is only by an inch or two. theres no way of telling at what age your kids will be taller then you lol. All kids hit growth spurts at different time.

chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:40 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I think when your youngest is 11 1/2 years old. You still have a few good years left. LOL.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:17 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Took my son to a check up/follow up for his ADHD meds. He's in the 80% for both height and weight. *sigh*

My daughter also commented that she's taller than almost everyone in her class.

Going by the two year old thing (boys are half their adult height at 2, girls at 2 1/2) my son will 6'4" and my daughter will be 6'1/2". Not sure how accurate that's going to be though. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. I was taller than my Gramma on my 12th birthday. She was probably about 5 feet tall though. She was bent nearly double with scoliosis.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• My stepson had some growth delays, so he just passed me up this last year at seventeen, and he's very proud of the achievement. He makes me stand back to back with him every time he comes up to spend the weekend with his dad. Now my daughter can't wait for the day when she gets taller than I am, too. She's got maybe twenty inches to go, but she's only five, so I'm sure it won't be all that long.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• My daughter grew 10 inches in a year when she was 4-5 years old. I didn't think she was ever going to STOP! Now that she's 6 I think she's growing AGAIN! the size 6 clothes that were just a little too big for her in September are now threatening to be too small. The 7/8 stuff is way too big around the waist and too long in the leg. That goes for 6 and 6x. She's as tall as my belly button and I don't remember her being that tall last week (month).

My son is as tall as my shoulder. He's in size 12 clothes right now but I'm willing to bet that he'll be in 14's by the end of summer, if not sooner. He already wears the same size shoe I do.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2013