Baby tree (love this)

malformalady:

Baby grave tree, Tana Toraja, Indonesia. If a child dies before he/she has started teething, its mother wraps the tiny body in cloth, makes a hole or finds a natural niche in the ‘Baby Tree’ and places the dead infant inside. The hole is then sealed and as the tree begins to heal, the child is believed to be absorbed.

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 7:49 AM on Apr. 24, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I actually find this very sweet. It's like the baby continues to "live" in the tree.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:12 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I think it is kind of cool. Life goes on and the baby is still a part of it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• What do you mean no wood nearby 3 libras? I live 5 minutes outside the 4th largest city in Pennsylvania and we live ON 11 acres that are completely wooded. Lots of trees for me to do this with if that were to ever happen. I actually like the idea myself.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:16 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• That sounds very sweet.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I actually like this
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I think it would really bother me to think of my baby decomposing inside a tree... the actual process of that would disturb me...
    ********

How is that any different than thinking that the baby is decomposing in the ground? When we die, we decompose unless we are cremated, then we just are ash...
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Heck here we can't even be burried without preseving our body for a hundred years and encasing it in metal.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Seems like as good of a way as any to cope with the unimaginably heartbreaking loss of a tiny baby.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• general parenting?? lol idk... but thats different and to me a bit strange but to each its own
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I don't like this at all. I feel like if an infant were receiving decent care, there'd be no woods by. But, different cultures and all.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2013