My granddaughter is 3 and by 2am is tossing and turning, very restless, her eyelids are fluttering, I hold her and she still is moving some part of her body it last for hours. Why is this happening

I just notice this happening did it a few nights in a row.

karjon98

Asked by karjon98 at 8:51 AM on Apr. 24, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It could just be very active dreaming. Does she seem rested in the mornings? If so, I wouldn't keep going in there and holding her. Just let her sleep and dream. If it seems to be interfering with her sleep, then talk to her doctor if it doesn't seem to go away.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Agree with Wendy. The eyes fluttering is like REM sleep which is when you dream I believe. My youngest is a tosser and still does it at 6 years old. If you are concerned talk with the doc, but if she seems rested in the morning it is likely just active dreaming. For my daughter we just got her a double bed so she had room to move around and not get hurt.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:14 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• my daughter is 3 and also does this but sometimes she wake up screamimg and runs into our room its just dreams. gl
    mamide02ninas

Answer by mamide02ninas at 11:25 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• She is dreaming and may soon have night terrors. I am surprized you do not remember these from your kids. Mine are so long grown and gone and I still remember the night terrors, which are nothing to worry about.

There is no reason for you to be holding her while she sleeps.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:57 AM on Apr. 24, 2013