I feel like I am the ONLY one! Anyone else have a great relationship with husband but he is not into touch etc..?

My husband and I have a really good relationship; we are more like room mates though! He just doesn't care about 'touch'. All of my friends and people I know have the opposite problem. The man wants it all the time and the women (for the most part feels like my husband). I think what makes it so hard is I am a women and yet my man doesnt want me. He is not gay, he has even trouble telling me he loves me or hugging me. Its just not his thing.

Anyone else have the opposite problem? Great relationship overall but your man would rather be left alone?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 24, 2013 in Relationships

• If this is bothering you, maybe you could suggest having his hormones levels tested. Low testosterone can decrease his libido. If you are fine with it, then be grateful you have a man who loves you & lets you get your rest! lol :p  (Personally, I would miss the intimacy & wish we could find more time for it!)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I am sorry to hear this, people like this miss out in the wonderful sense of touch even if it is not sexual, maybe he missed being caressed as a child and grew up in a cold household......I have been married 41 years and my husband is a toucher, at all times everywhere he is with me, it has gotten even more intense with old age. I was not a toucher at the beginning but he taught me to be, and for this I will forever be grateful...

Answer by older at 9:33 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• We are good- but hubby is not the cuddly, holding hands, kiss me anywhere but the bedroom type. Never has been.
    He does however, want to have...alone time at least a couple times a week so no problem there

I know he's this way and I'm ok with it- I KNOW he loves me
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Mine's something like that--I call him the Tin Man. We're both introverted, and I like affection, but I've learned he shows it in different ways, so I've just learned his language and roll with it. I'm still affectionate with him and we are intimate.

However, after my daughter moved out, we got into a huge fight (don't remember now what it was about) but I moved into her room and we've worked things out and are happy together, but I love having my own space. I'm an introvert, so I like having my privacy and surprisingly it actually works for us.

weird, but hey, most people are
    klee001

Answer by klee001 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Are you married to my ex?!?!

In all seriousness, people have different ways of expressing love. Get the book "5 Love Languages". It may help you understand him better and if you read it together he may realize why it's important for him to be more touchy with you.

And, do get his hormone levels checked. Low-T can really effect this for a man.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Whenever you think you're the only one it's guaranteed you're not.

My husband was never into touch. Still really isn't.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2013

• I'm new to the site; trying to learn if there is something wrong with me... Why my husband all of a sudden doesn't want attention from me until he is ready. He always makes excuses as to why I can't kiss him, sit on his lap or just walk up to him for a caressing touch. I have three children and sneaking any kind of "touch" from my husband is impossible. I just want a hug from him, just want TO hug him; but apparently that is too much to ask for. If you find any solutions please let me know =(
    HomesickTexan

Answer by HomesickTexan at 9:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2013