Water - a basic human right? Nestle doesn't think so...

clicky

What is this world coming to!  From what I understand, Nestle WANTS every drop of water to be "owned" and therefore the pubic must pay a fee to hydrate... I know we already "buy" our water - whether it's bottled or tap, but what I can't seem to shake is for those who collect rain water or who go camping and filter water... they want to tax that and charge you for having it.  

Water is essential to life, so what are your thoughts?

My thoughts:  WOW!  Just WOW!  I thought I couldn't be surprised anymore by the nonesense, but this one takes the cake!

daylily888

Asked by daylily888 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• If you can control the water, you can control the people
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• nooooo. Water is considered a natural resource

that's just insane
    klee001

Answer by klee001 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I agree Dardenella... it's a scary scary thought!
    daylily888

Comment by daylily888 (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Just another way for the government/big companies to make money and control people. They rather see people die off as long as they are making money
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I will no longer be buying Nestle products
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I am not saying this isn't true, but with an accusation as ridiculous as this, I would feel much more comfortable if I didn't have to rely on subtitles that may or may not be accurate to what the person is saying.

There would be no way to monitor this. Even if they can put something on my well to monitor how much we use, there would be absolutely no way they could know if we collect rain water or how much of it we do collect.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I understand what you mean about the subtitles, but the guy is from Belgium!

There are more links to support these reports

http://www.naturalnews.com/040026_nestle_water_supply_domination.html

daylily888

Comment by daylily888 (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Wow that is crazy. Is all about power and control.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 2:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Hm. The human body is like 70% (give or take) water. So, I guess that would mean they own 70% of our bodies, as well? The mere fact that the human body is made up of so much water, and is proven to need water to survive, proves that it is, in fact, a right and not a privilege. Of course, this man's attitude proves that intelligence IS a privilege, and one he's chosen not to take advantage of.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• The video is from a 2005 documentary, We Feed the World, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478324/, so he really hasn't gotten very far with his campaign.

As for boycotting Nestle, don't forget to add his other corperate involvements to your list: L’Oréal, Credit Suisse Group, Exxon Mobil, pharmaceutical conglomerate Roche,  World Economic Forum (WEF),  European Round Table of Industrialists (ERT) and also the Bildergerg Group.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 3:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2013