Child support?

my daughters father lives in AZ and I'm in NV, well i filed for child support the other day, my daughter is 1 year old, if he admits to being her father does he still have to do a paternity test? and what exactly happens, i have to go to court dates and stuff? does anyone know how this whole thing folds out step by step, it would be greatly appreciated, that way i don't seem to uneducated lol, thanks all

Trinity32188

Asked by Trinity32188 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• i tok my ex to court for child support too..and we got a paternity test..because he was an ass, and didnt think it was his..they arent mandatory tho..as for figuring out how much he will have to pay, they go by how much he makes in a year..thenfrom there they goon talking about living situations and visitation and custody, and thats when the nightmare comes..lol..at least for me it was a nightmare, but again, like i said my ex was an ass..lol..if ya have any other questions, feel free to ask me..ive totally been there, done that!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:08 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Well if he wants a pat. test he can get one, but he has to pay for it... yes you will have a couple court dates (one asking about pat. and the other if he says he wants it, it will be the results and blah blah)... then basically they set an amount based on his income and it comes out two ways (states may differ)... it will come directly from his paycheck or he will send it himself.... also you will deal with custody and visitations if he fights for it... never went thru it myself but i have been there 1,000 times with gf's of mine....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:31 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Hon the rules etc.. are different in every state. Google the laws for your state and see what you can find as far as what happens when the parents are in two different states. People can give you advice but only from their experience which may not be accurate in your case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2009