What does it mean when it says "(friends name) posted a photo to your timeline" on FB

does that mean they posted it just for you. or for you directly? or what? i'm new to this FB stuff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2013 in Technology

• means they wanted a photo of you?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• no, they posted pictures to my timeline
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• What do you think it means?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• i'm leaning towards that they posted it directly for me but I'm not entirely sure what a timeline is as opposed to the rest of the page. I just joined.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Your timeline is your page. Click on your name and it takes you to your timeline. It means they posted a photo on your wall, not their own.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• thank you kmath.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• It also depends on your settings. I have mine set so that if anyone posts/tags me I have to approve it before anyone else can see me affiliated with said picture/post.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• yeah, i have no idea if i have that setting. i'll check.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Once you click on it to accept it to your timeline, then all of your friends can see it too. I have to approve all additions to my timeline, as I have a dil who posts everything!! Even me in my jammies, rocking my grandson, and it really wasn't a fit picture for all the world to see! (My jammies didn't cover enough boob to suit me!! LOL ) So after I went through the hassle of having her delete it, I changed my settings. :)
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• That means that somebody "tagged" you in their photo, so the photo will be under your name in addition to in the timeline.
    princesskt

Answer by princesskt at 12:53 AM on May. 1, 2013