Did you see this?

A new question in Gen. Parenting on what suggestions someone has for disciplining babies from birth to 12 months! Who disciplines a newborn to 12 mos. old?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 1:06 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• teaching them "no" isnt disciplining tho....

at that age they are just learning about the world around them...as long as they can't get hurt i don't see the big deal....

i don't really even discipline my son and he will be 2 next month.... if he gets to out of control i send him to his room and thats it....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You do haveto teach them what the word "no" means for their own safety.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Wow, that was weird. lol you OP is appalled at this question as am I, and then anon answers the question, is everyone ok?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yes I did and this is what I replyed with ;o).............

No...actually it's not stupid. Its never too early to set boundries. There's a book I'm reading right now that discusses EXCELLENT forms of discipline that I will be using with my daughter. It's called, "Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood"...Practical Parenting from Brith to 6 Years!!! And it's written by Jim Fay & Charles Fay, Ph.D. Love, Love, LOOOVE this book! I can not WAIT to use some of the tools. YAY! ;o)
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• but how do u "discipline" a baby that young? do they even understand at that age? maybe closer to one, but like 6-8 months? come on...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• ya i agree, there is no discipline..its more about guidance..and teaching them right from wrong..they dont know any better..and to punish them for innocense,,thats soooo wrong!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Lots of ways, read the book. It's actually very simple and makes alot of sence. Basically being repetative, kind, no anger, but stern...it's also all about giving the child SOME control over situations and giving them choices. It also teaches you, how to teach your child, that with every choice there's a consequence...good or bad And YES...you can teach that early. Babies are alot smarter than you give them credit for.
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Alexis....you obviously have no idea what your talking about. Discipline isn't about being mean or hitting your child. Discipline is NOT wrong...you have to have it or your kid will grow up bonkers like half of these idiots roaming this world shooting up our schools. No love. No discipline. No kindness. Can only equal DISASTER!!!
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I don't think anyone understands what I am pointing out, except, Juliansmommy!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• And I replyed to that.....
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2009