If you get a tatoo, I will get one too and post it on youtube

Would this have been a deterent to you getting a tatoo or your child getting one, in you opinion.

I belive the full comment was the same tatoo in the same place as you do.

I know my son would have rushed out even faster to see if I would stick by my word. It seems like a dare to me lol

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 2:32 PM on Apr. 24, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Personally I don't care if someone wants a tat or not. I'm not getting one and I wouldn't dare my kids on anything. If I had said this I would currently have 10 tat's & 4 body piercings. This is just from the oldest daughters. Now we're raising 3 grandkids and who knows what they decide to do once they turn 18.

Love to see one of the daughters get a tat and see if Obama actually follows thru on what he said. Just think if Sasha got one that says "My heart belongs to Justin, Tom, Harry, etc" on her arm and then to see if he would get one that says the same thing. It'd be hilarious. He's got a lot to learn in that you don't ever threaten something that you won't follow thru on. Who would look funnier?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• no it wouldn't. my parents are anti tattoo but I have 2 (so far) if my daughter or son wants a tattoo and they are old enough (18) to get one, I don't care, I'll go with them
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I'm guessing there's some kind of news story that goes with this? I can't see it being any kind of deterrent. It sounds like the logic of a parent who thinks they "get it" when they're actually the one whose kids get away with murder because they're so clueless.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• And it's still not any deterrent. Someone who wants a tattoo generally isn't going to care if their parent has one or not. Is there a link for this?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I have a tattoo, so it wouldn't have mattered to my kids... if they wanted one they would get one (they are older than 18)...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Sounds like a dare to me. My mom and dad hate tattoos passionately. I have three of them, and the opinion of my parents didn't cross my mind when I got them done. Truthfully, if either of them had tried to talk me out from getting a tat by saying they'd get the same one at the same shop, my response would probably have been to get a larger one in a more prominent place just to see if they would stick to their word.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• A person who wants one- wants one
    I doubt this would deter them
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Yes NP it is a nes story.

The point being would be a deterrent if you did not have a tatoo and you were trying to keep them from getting one.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• sn't going to ive the link because I didn't want to prejudice the answer.  With some people the answer would be different if it we kim K saying it or The president, lol  oh well

http://www.nbcnews.com/

Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• 3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2013