How many would pay enough for a Big Mac to compensate for union wages for fast food employees?

Personally, I think they're stoned if they think the industry can support that across the board.  You wanna go on strike at McDonald's?  Like they don't have fifteen THOUSAND applicants on file ready to take your job?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-chicago-fast-food-strike-today-20130424,0,5930406.story

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• No shit! When I was looking for work in Utah- I CRIED while applying at that place, and they never even bothered to call me for an interview...
    * due to the number of applicants I'm sure- since the bread store I applied at was giving 14 hours of work a week and had over 200 applicants in 2 hours

*I did not read the article- yet
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• *I did not read the article- yet

They want a minimum wage of $15 and a union for fast food workers. Like I said, they're stoned.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I hate to say it but, I wouldn't. If it ended up costs $7 more dollars then I might as well go to Red Robin or some other higher end burger restaurant and get a much better, tastier product.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Wow I wish Oklahoma's minimum wage was $8.25. If they're serious about this they should lower their expectations. $15/hour is not gonna happen. I mean I don't think anything will come from this but $9 is a lot more realistic than $15.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 3:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Sorry, but they would have to pay me to choke down a Big Mac. I would much rather go to a better quality place and pay more for a decent burger. I have no problem paying more for quality, but I wouldn't pay to eat crap.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• They want a minimum wage of $15 and a union for fast food workers. Like I said, they're stoned.

*****

HOLY!....good thing I was not drinking something when I red that-it would have ended up all over my laptop!
    WHAT the hell are they smoking?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Nope at that price I will plan a little ahead and not bother. At that price I can go anywhere in town and get a sit down meal served to me by a smiling waiter.

Ok maybe not anywhere bout almost anywhere.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I wouldn't eat at McDs if it were free. There is no way I'd pay 7 or 8 dollars for a burger. I routinely eat at spendy restaurants, but Im paying for quality food, and good service... Two things you don't usually get at a McDs...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• when my brother managed a KFC he said the only ppl who he wanted as an employee were teens, college students, foreigners, and morons...cause they just want to make money and nothing else. they arent looking for benefits or advancement, just money.

i know that sounds harsh but the point was that the majority of fast food jobs are suppose to be low-wage entry level jobs...not life-long family sustaining jobs. in this economy thats changed and ppl are taking what they can get, but yeah...its a stupid idea. i get fast food cause its cheap...the food is barely worth what they charge now.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• "They want a minimum wage of $15 and a union for fast food workers"

shoot...DH doesnt even make $15 an hour!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2013