What do you tell your kids???

My daughter who is 4 years old walked in on mommy and daddy doing the birds and the bees? She then asked why were we naked!! I'm so embarrassed!!!! What should I tell her? When she asked daddy he said he was helping me because my back was hurting... Has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• I'm sorry. Mine are at the age where they would be scarred for life if they walked in on us. I would be working to pay for continuing therapy for each of them.

i think if it were me, I would wait to see if she brought it up again and if she did I would just tell her that sometimes moms and dads sleep naked together.  I wouldn't get too detailed and if she kept AT&T I would tell her that she will learn about this stuff when she is a little older.  I honestly don't know what is age appropriate at 4 years old.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I agree with Quinn, this is why you need that lock on the door mom!

Answer by older at 6:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• That should say 'if she kept at it'. Stupid autocorrect.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• doing the birds and the bees? Really??

Try locking the door next time...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Lock the door in the future. If she doesn't bring it up, let it go.

Quinn, that made me laugh so hard. "If she kept AT&T" lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I was wondering. Thought AT&T was a new abbreviation for something nasty.  

I would let what your DH said be the reason for now.   Truthfully if  I would have told her. I would have said me and daddy were playing/restling. 

Answer by louise2 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Just tell her that mommies and daddies sometimes like to cuddle up under the covers with no clothes on. No biggie, that will probably satisfy her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Chances is she's already forgotten about it today, but from now on lock the damn door.

"doing the birds and bees"????
    Are you old enough to have children? You couldn't have said having sex, or making love? You sound like YOU are the 4 year old.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Get a lock on your door. Don't bring it up unless she does and IF she does just say mommies and daddies need grownup time and she should ALWAYS knock on the door and wait for an answer before she comes in.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• No need to be embarrassed she may have forgotten about it but if she asks again before she walks in again, just say when Mommy and Daddy have alone time you both like to cuddle naked.

and what tyfry said about reminding her to knock first.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2013