We just moved out from the grandparents house- daughter is not happy!

We have lived at his parents house for almost 2 years.. my daughters whole life. So naturally she is very attached. Well, ever since we moved she has just started crying and whining constantly, I know she needs to get used to her new surroundings but this is so hard on me and my fiance, she is just very unhappy. Please help!

levelam

Asked by levelam at 1:25 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i will most likely just take her some time to get used to a new place. Sounds crazy, but it might be easier for her if you have some of the things that were in their home? not big items but little stuff that will remind her of them. Just explain to her the best you can what is going on. luckily she is not old enough to remember being so unhappy. Just give her time, it will get better. and congratulations on your new place!
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 1:32 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• awww.. same thing with my son... we grew up with my two brothers around everyday at my house... then once my husband came home from overseas we moved all the from MD to GA....when we first got here... he just seemed depressed....almost like you could tell he missed his uncles....

i would say if you live close to them bring her by to visit often... let her talk on the phone with them.. put pictures up of them in her room....

she will get better with it in time :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I went thru the same thing with my kids. If your parents live close enough, have them come visit her. When we did it, we had them come by every day for a week, then every couple of days, and then just whenever they would normally come by. We see them about once a week. Also, maybe put a pic of them by her bed or something, where she can see them whenever she wants.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2009