Got Fired D:

Today I got fired b/c the boss niece lied on me for no reason so now I'm searching for a new job I was doing really good to so I'm guessing if somebody doesn't like you they can lie on you at work and get you fired..Has this ever happened to any of you ladies being lied on then getting fired b/c of that lie?

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2013 in Money & Work

• Actually you can get fired over hearsay. It's not right but it does happen. All the time. No company is going to outright discriminate or admit that they made a bad decision. They'll FIND a legal reason if you do try to fire them. I've seen it happen. I used to work for employment attorneys for some of the biggest companies. They'd find something. Yes, most attorneys are scumbags, too, which is why I don't work for them anymore. I got sick of seeing them cross ethics. Can you fight it? Yes. But should you? I'd weigh the costs and benefits of time and money. I've been wronged myself a few times (outright discrimination with plenty of documentation from emails to voicemails, etc.) I didn't sue them because it wasn't worth my time and I considered it a blessing in disguise not to work for hypocrites like them. I was able to move onto other jobs faster. I would say go to school and focus on working for yourself.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:07 AM on Apr. 25, 2013

• Yep. Last Fall as a matter of fact. My supervisor was an evil twunt and after twisting the words of a patient who complained, and then telling the boss I was the one who did something wrong. She even threatened to make sure I never work in healthcare again. After a ton of stress and three months of job searching, I found a much better job with no drama and an awesome boss/co-workers. Sometimes things happen for a reason and seemingly bad things are a blessing in disguise.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• yup. I worked for a judge. She fired me for a lie. I sued her and went to the newspaper to make copies of my papers (knowing they'd read it and print it). It was an election year. The community supported me and voted her sorry a** out! Karma is a b.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• No.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• yep...yrs ago my then supervisor decided she didn't like me (because I didn't approve of her flirting with someone that wasn't her husband on company time) but she didn't have the power to fire me. She set me up and lied to my boss a few times saying that I made mistakes that she actually made. I got fired. And, yes, I got unemployment and a much better job.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Hopefully you find something better soon and you don't even have to bother going back to work somewhere that's bound to be tense for you. I'm self-employed now and love it. If a mistake is made, it means I did it and I fix it, but at least there's nobody else to give me trouble.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Nope
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• No
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• No it has not happened to me. I wish you the best to find another job.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• hugs

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:08 AM on Apr. 25, 2013