Something's going on with me!!

After I had my son. I never been the same again. Physically, mentally, emotionally.

I'm always sad, mad, stressed, or my mind just never rests. I've been looking for a good job, can't find one. My sons father never contributes to gas money, an he loves 40 minutes away. I do most of the driving so he can see our son. Sometimes i dont enjoy mother hood at all! I don't know what I want to study for school. My son is 2 and he is at his terrible two stage, and it makes me feel like I'm going to lose it sometimes. I never go out because I literally have no friends. For some reason for the past months I've been noticing every flaw on my body. It depresses me! Specially after having my son. I suffer with stretch marks, flabby stomach. And then I have a boyfriend who seems to not understand me, or what I'm going through. He says I'm just mean and have a bad attitude. When I mentioned some pills that I think I need, he just nodded his head in a joking manner. I feel like he's too childish to understand. And when I I tell him things, when we get into arguments, he throws it in my face. I crying as I type this, he walks in asks for a kiss, and when I didn't give him one, all he can say is "you're so mean"!!!!!! Like hello in crying here!!!!!!!!!!

I don't feel right...
I haven't felt right in a very very long time!!!!!

What's going on with me?!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• Counseling will help you as well as taking up new hobbies, learning new things, and rethinking what you have with your child's father. He does not seem like much support for you.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Could you be suffering from depression? It's worth asking your doctor.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• You should talk to a doctor. you could be depressed.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2013

• Have a complete physical and describe the physical and emotional feelings that you have said here. Ask for blood work also. GL!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2013

• The intense stress of having money issues & no job, plus relationship issues, is a lot to add to the stress of parenting a young child. Irritability & reactivity is typical when you are highly stressed. I would take all of this as an indication that you are under a significant amount of chronic stress & aren't managing it optimally.
    Keep in mind that feeling mad & irritated is a form of dissociation--avoiding the direct experience of more personally threatening emotions. It's an automatic defense mechanism, learned in childhood. When you're overwhelmed, you will tend to revert to instinctive coping mechanisms that interfere & complicate your life rather than actually protecting you. Anger/irritability can be a reliable indication that this is going on.
    There are drugs to treat the various conditions of depression & anxiety, but giving attention to the underlying causes can bring resolution of those issues & better functioning.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:05 AM on Apr. 25, 2013