Help, Low Ovarian Reserves

Greetings.
I am a very healthy 40 year old, with no children, undergoing fertility treatment.
My husband is much older than me, but hey, this is a Man's world, right? He had his semen test done, NO LAB TEST, NO BLOOD TEST, NO DNA TEST.
Let me vent now, and let you know how my mother in law was certain even before we took the test that it's ALL MY FAULT, and older women can't have children. (Hello, her son is 55, with high blood pressure and high cholesterol, but still, it's all my fault !!!)

Anyway, I recently received my lab test results, and I feel devastated since.
According to these results, my FSH, LH and other hormone levels are PERFECT, and yet my ovarian reserves are too low, i.e. 0,2 %.
I wonder how can this be, i.e. for all the other hormone tests to be exceptional, and in my sleepless nights I even doubt this lab test. (Yeah, this is a bad dream, right? ).

My doctor has scheduled a Hysteroscopy appointment next month, and meanwhile, he advised that I'm on the pill. (Initially I had to take the pill in order to prevent ovulation for an earlier hysteroscopy appointment, but now the nurse said that since I started the pill last month, no problem, I should still be on the pill till my next month's hysteroscopy;
I am not a doctor, but I don't understand the logic of taking the pill, as 1) time is not on my side (every single egg and every month counts in my case), and 2) the hormones and toxins of the pill will deteriorate the quality of my eggs, or my body will need months to detox.

Question 1: Would you recommend me to take another test in order to verify any potential error?

Question 2: Could I potentially improve my ovarian reserve by taking DHEA, vitamin supplements, royal jelly and fruit?

Thanks for your advise -

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Apr. 25, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• I would find alternative medicine, or get a second opinion! labs are known for making mistakes........

Answer by older at 8:42 AM on Apr. 25, 2013