Help, Low Ovarian Reserve

Greetings.
I am a very healthy 40 year old, with no children, undergoing fertility treatment.
My husband is much older than me, but hey, this is a Man's world, right? He had his semen test done, NO LAB TEST, NO BLOOD TEST, NO DNA TEST.
Let me vent now, and let you know how my mother in law was certain even before we took the test that it's ALL MY FAULT, and older women can't have children. (Hello, her son is 55, with high blood pressure and high cholesterol, but still, it's all my fault !!!)

Anyway, I recently received my lab test results, and I feel devastated since.
According to these results, my FSH, LH and other hormone levels are PERFECT, and yet my ovarian reserves are too low, i.e. 0,2 %.
I wonder how can this be, i.e. for all the other hormone tests to be exceptional, and in my sleepless nights I even doubt this lab test. (Yeah, this is a bad dream, right? ).

My doctor has scheduled a Hysteroscopy appointment next month, and meanwhile, he advised that I'm on the pill. (Initially I had to take the pill in order to prevent ovulation for an earlier hysteroscopy appointment, but now the nurse said that since I started the pill last month, no problem, I should still be on the pill till my next month's hysteroscopy;
I am not a doctor, but I don't understand the logic of taking the pill, as 1) time is not on my side (every single egg and every month counts in my case), and 2) the hormones and toxins of the pill will deteriorate the quality of my eggs, or my body will need months to detox.

Question 1: Would you recommend me to take another test in order to verify any potential error?

Question 2: Could I potentially improve my ovarian reserve by taking DHEA, or eating fruit?

Thanks for your advise -

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Apr. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I had that test done and I was not ask to be on the pill. They made arrangements for me to take it on the 6 day after my menstrual cycle to be sure I was not pregnant.

ABout the ovarian reserve I wish you the best and hope you are bale to get your baby. Hugs.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 8:50 AM on Apr. 25, 2013

• My opinion is that you should find another Reproductive Specialist NOW & start over fresh. Have you thought about doing IVF?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2013

• I could be mistaken, but my understanding is from infancy you have exactly all your "ovarian reserves" or seeds/undeveloped eggs that you will have your entire life. So IF your reserves are low, it is what it is. Doesn't mean impossible to get pregnant since it only takes 1 healthy egg and 1 healthy sperm and the right timing to create a baby. But it would mean your time is running out. If your husband's sperm count is normal and he gets it up just fine, the high blood pressure and cholestrol would not effect his fertility. Did they check the quality of his swimmers or just give you a report on the count? If they didn't check the swimmers, go have the sperm test done again.

Hang in there, and DO go get a second opinion
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2013