Control Key Stuck

Ok, so my f**king computer keeps acting like my control key is being held down when it is not. The key is not stuck. I've blown in it to dislodge anything underneath it and I've jiggled the key but it keep acting like the key is being held down (opening every folder in another window, adjusting the size of the Microsoft Office window instead of scrolling down, selecting the text instead of placing the insertion, not to mention the keyboard short cuts) just to piss me off! Does anyone know how to fix it? It's a laptop so unplugging the thing is not an option. That's the only solution Google would give me.

Cowgirl_Coyote

Asked by Cowgirl_Coyote at 9:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2013 in Technology

• Restart?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2013

• Tried it a million times. It has been doing this for weeks. I can ctrl>alt>delete and that sometimes fixes it temporarily but it just does it again in a minute. I think I fixed it though. I couldn't get the key off but I managed to lift it up enough to blow underneath it. I may need to get one of those cans of compressed air and try that.
    Cowgirl_Coyote

Comment by Cowgirl_Coyote (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2013

• Can you take the control key off and see if there's dirt or crumbs under it? Mine's gotten stuck before from that, and I was able to shake it out. Good luck--I know that's frustrating.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2013

• I've tried that. I can't get the key off. I've lifted it up to blow underneath and that seems to have fixed the problem for the time being.
    Cowgirl_Coyote

Comment by Cowgirl_Coyote (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2013