how bad was your c-section

FeelinBelssed

Asked by FeelinBelssed at 2:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my sister in law could barely walk for two weeks, and couldnt go up her stairs for over a month
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:12 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i never had one, but my sister has had two.... painful she says but after a couple weeks she is okay...her new baby is only 2 weeks old and when i talk to her on the phone (i live in GA now and her in MD) she seems fine....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Mine was not bad at all. I got neauses during the actual procedure and it was painful the first time I had to get up afterwards but it was bearable. My recovery was smooth. the more often u get up and walk around the quicker ur recovery will be. Also be careful of instinctively sitting up quickly in the middle of the night when ur baby cries, that is painful. My boyfriends sister on the other hand had a horrible recovery and was in a lot of pain. We figured out the difference was our pain meds. She was sent home with tylenol 3 (not strong at all) and I got percocet. Make sure u talk 2 ur doctor about pain control it makes a huge difference in your recovery. And take whatever they offer u. Even if ur not in pain, u want to take ur meds before u get to the point of being in pain. And the meds won't hurt ur baby I breast fed exclusively and my boy is as healthy as can be.
    heather052055

Answer by heather052055 at 2:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I've had 2, they were both not bad, but I'd consider a VBA2C for myself when I'm ready to have another child, no matter what my doctor says. I had surgery on my stomach before when I was 8 (umbilical hernia) and the C-section was quite similar. The pain after the surgery is intense, and you really have to take it easy, even months after the surgery.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 2:47 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I just had one new years eve, I had less than 10 minutes to prepare for it , my c-section was not near as bad as i made it out to be and I was scared i'll admit. As far as the soreness I was really sore for 2 weeks the hardly walking part only lasted a few days. My only complaint is I stiil get pains and itching at my incision site. I am planning a VBAC for the next child though nothing is as great as natural delivery
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• When I had my c-section it was better than my vag delivery. My vag delivery I couldn't sit down for 2 weeks....with my c-section I was up cleaning my hospital room the day after....came home and was sweeping and mopping...It is painful if you sit down too long or lay down too long and try to get up, but it's kinda like a sore muscle...you gotta work it out! Good luck!
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 7:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I didn't think it was bad at all. I was up and moving the next day pretty early. The pain isn't horrible, i took 3 ibprofen and that helped. I guess it all depends on how you handle pain. My husband was home for the first wk to help me out, but in all honesty I didn't need him helping me w/ my son. Everyone is different tho. I plan on another c-section w/ this one.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:33 AM on Feb. 17, 2009