Sharp Tingling Sensation on belly?

just how it sounds? it shoots down from my sternum to my belly button every so ofton, is this the one of many normal pains?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have this too but it's on top of my belly below my breasts. Had it the entire pregnancy. I have no idea what it is ;(
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 2:25 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• sounds like some separation of muscles, I had it. it is down the center of belly from top to bottom, it is best not to jack-knife your body out of bed but turn to your side and slowly get up. I forgot what the separation is called, perhaps I can find info during a search or something, but in my first pregnancy it hurt the most.
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 2:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• its called "diastasis recti" I get really big bellies and have big babies but the rest of me is small, I'm all belly when pregnant, but I am also short
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 2:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• its a normal pain for some, like myself, but best to hold your belly together, wear a tight shirt, I ended up with a hernia in my belly button for not being careful, look it up because some times if you ignore it you can irritate it and suffer unnecessary pain, it is harmless and no danger to you or baby but uncomfortable, I didn't have problem last pregnancy but perhaps because I wore a tight shirt called "assetts" from target
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 2:58 AM on Feb. 17, 2009