DEPO

just wanted to know anyone else.. been on the depo 7months cant wait till this one is over not getting it again the first one was awesome never felt better the second one was okay but to much spotting now this one i lost so much hair and keep putting on weight like crazy.. :( just wanna know if im the only one with the hair lose

miss_nevin

Asked by miss_nevin at 2:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Health

• i hate the depo i lost a lot of weight on it. i went from a size 5 to a 0. honest to god!! it gave me so much cramps too.
    tuty2403

Answer by tuty2403 at 2:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Are you postpartum?

I haven't heard of losing hair on Depo - but at about four-six months after baby I lost a ton of hair. Like massive amounts of hair. As in Chia pet size mounds.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I hated the depo, will never use it again. I too lost hair, had bleeding for more than 6 weeks straight, gained A LOT of weight... and then when I got off the depo, I didn't have a period for almost 6 months... it really screwed my body up
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• doctor says that the hair lose is the depo.. that it can be a side affect i guess if i had known i wouldnt have taken the depo
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 12:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2009