Why am I already gaining weight? I can't even keep anything down!

I'm only 7 weeks pregnant and I've already gained 3 pounds...this is frustrating because I have killer morning sickness and puke up everything I eat. What gives?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• So... you don't want to gain weight?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2013

• Everything will be ok.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2013

• When pregnant, our bodies are changing, the hormones everything. Maybe your body is hanging on to the whatever it can. Just because you puke a lot doesn't mean you are not storing some of the food.

I can understand your worry about weight. We all want to keep slender and healthy when we are pregnant, we don't want to gain more weight than needed.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2013

• M-Avi um not this early. You shouldn't gain at all in the first trimester and I'm only halfway through and gaining
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2013

• You may just be retaining water. When you say you can't keep anything down, do you literally mean anything? Are you drinking fluids? Are you able to eat any food at all?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:56 PM on Apr. 25, 2013

• I'm only able to keep food down before 11am...everything after that comes up instantly and I mean EVERYTHING.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2013