IS IT WRONG TO TRY TO GET PREGNANT AGAIN?

IS T WRONG TO TRY TO GET PREGNANT RIGHT AWAY AFTER HAVING A MISCARRAGE..SOME PEOPLE ARE TELLING ME TO WAIT.. BUT I DONT WANT TO.. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When you feel like your ready then thats the best time, no one has the right to tell you what to do or how to feel. good luck.
    mommy2tu

Answer by mommy2tu at 3:00 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Listen to your doctor, listen to your body.

Keep things like "we're trying" on a private level, telling only those you trust.

Best of luck - lots of sticky baby dust!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:32 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I got preg right after an ectopic pregnancy and he's 10 and fine!
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 7:16 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Whenever you feel ready is fine. Sometimes there is a medical reason to wait for a few months (some docs recommend having a normal cycle first, after a d&c some docs recommend waiting a few cycles to let the lining of the uterus build up again) but in the absence of a medical reason to wait it's really up to you. I was the same as you, after my m/c I just wanted to get pg again as quickly as I could. We started ttc again after I had a period post m/c. HTH and lots of luck to you!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:01 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• What is right for one person, is wrong for another. If you feel ready (and the doc gives you the go ahead!) then try! Your doc is the one person who you really should listen to about trying for another baby. He/she may want you to wait longer, or may say its ok to start trying now. Baby dust your way!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 8:44 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• If your miscarriage was really early there is really no reason why you have to wait. Not all doctors recommend waiting. In fact, a lot of the time you are extra fertile right after. If it was a later miscarriage say late first trimester and beyond, waiting gives your body a chance to recouperate.

Some physicicans routinely say to wait because they want to see HCG levels at 0 so that they have a base line, but this really isn't necessary in all cases.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I think if the doctor gives you the go ahead and you feel you and your husband are ready then you should. I would wait til at least the doctor gives you the go ahead though.
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 9:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i had three miscariages in between my girls and this pregnancy and i was told with the first to go ahead and try right away it'd be ok.. i didn't go in after the second one.. then with the last one my dr said wait three months but i lost that one september 24th and had a positive test november 27th i didn't listen all too well but this baby is sticking so far! 17 weeks on friday! yay! if you feel ready you are the one who knows yourself best so go for it! baby dust to you!
    mbreeggemann

Answer by mbreeggemann at 9:25 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I not on purpose got pregnant right after a miscarriage the pregnancy was alittle rough but she is ok today i would wait a month or two so the uterrus lining can heal it gives new baby better chance but another one is wonderful
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You should talk to your doc about when it's right for you to get pregnant again.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2009