A question a couple girls friends of mine and I were discussing....

So I know acne and pimples can show up anywhere.... But how in the heck do they show up on your butt? And if they do how the heck do you get rid of them?

I'm just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Health

• Tooo Funny! Yes, we've all had them. I work alot outside gardening and construction. Thus my butt is always dirty. Truck drivers must totally need clearasilI. Anyhow, I use a good granular scrub (my favorite St. Ives Apricot Scrub) on a back brush and scrub, scrub, scrub it at least once a week to keep the pores open and clean. You might want to use a sugar scrub if you like that better. About honey, I think I read somewhere once that honey is antibacterial.

Dont forget to scrub your butt in the bath or shower! (Tee Hee)
    DAWN-10

Answer by DAWN-10 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• girl when you find out let me know lol
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 3:16 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I think that in the winter, we wear more jeans and they're more like ingrown hairs that turn into pimples. That's my theory anyways! LOL
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• yeah im with you kcmom it makes sense lol
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 3:40 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• lol i would love to know the answer to that one, at least we all know everyone has them lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:00 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Ok...my mom told me that if you pop the pimple and put honey on it with a band-aid it's supposed to make the pimple go away....I just found out this past weekend....so somebody give it a try and let me know if it works....it worked for my cousin I just don't have any pimples
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 7:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Just like any other place it's a clogged pore. When you are wearing more clothing and/or sweat it can clog the pores and POOF! Butt Acne.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I'm sorry...I'm sure this is a serious question, but I can't help but imagine someone walking around their home butt naked with pimple cream spots all over their butt cheeks....LOL!!!

How about trying an acne wash like you use for your face and then a pore minimizer. I wouldn't pop them in case they become infected. Can you imagine going to a dermatologist, pulling down your pants, and asking him to take care of your infected pimples for you? OMG....here I go laughing again....LOL!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:45 AM on Feb. 18, 2009