Feel bad for this guy

This was a documentary about big problems in the country.  This homeless guy was interviewed about how people treat him.  He wasn't a druggie or alcoholic.  He simply lost his job, lost his home and had to live on the streets begging for change.  As he speaks, you can tell that he is a gentleman even though he is homeless, someone who recognizes that all people are human beings, no matter what their circumstances are.  

He began to cry as he talked about how some people treated him as if he hadn't tried to find a job.  He couldn't because he had no address, no phone number, no home and was poorly dressed.  If this guy was in my area, I'd take him in. He's in Chicago area though. 

No matter how bad of a day you have or feel like you're having a hard time, there is always someone who has it worse than you. 

http://youtu.be/0rO0BHSPXQg

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 11:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I help out our local pads here and there and it's amazing to see so many people with so much not only be greedy with what they have, but complain about what they don't or how their life sucks. Then you see people who have nothing or little to nothing who are generous, helpful, and so positive. I've had two people (different times) live with me when we didn't have much to offer other than a meal and warm bed. Heck when i was 15-16 i was bouncing from friend to friends so i understand what a helping hand really feels like. Every and anything is appreciated. People shouldn't be so quick to judge why people are in a situation when they are homeless. Even if they are drug addicts or alcoholics there are other ways to help and IMO they are still worthy of receiving help.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 8:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• No matter how bad of a day you have or feel like you're having a hard time, there is always someone who has it worse than you.

TRUE
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2013

• I work with the homeless and some of them are truly amazing people. If i had to face the obstacles they are overcoming, I honestly don't know if I have the same level of fortitude!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2013

• There sure is! Sometimes I don't think we take the time to remember this when we're so focused on our fast and busy life.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2013

• I wish there was more help out there for the homeless but there isn't. I see this same guy in a wheel chair every single time I go to the store. The other day I gave him a $5. He was so surprised and grateful.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• Agreed! Someone does always have it worse than we do. I have only compassion for this guy.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• "If i had to face the obstacles they are overcoming, I honestly don't know if I have the same level of fortitude!"

Ditto that!

shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 11:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2013

• http://www.americanwinterfilm.com/

So many are so close to being homeless, one illness, one accident, one missed paycheck.....

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 3:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• How incredibly sad. There but for the grace of God go I--or any of us. I think it's important that we remember that before we judge people too harshly for being down on their luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2013