Why, why why??

Why does everyone think that we are going to get checks in the mail? Do people not watch the news?

Magpie75

Asked by Magpie75 at 4:14 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• what? your joking right? They better send my check! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I just got one on friday! it was $900 AND THERE WAS A LETTER WITH IT SAYIN THAT IN ABOUT 3 MONTHS THEY WOULD BE SENDING ANOTHER ONE...I GOT THE LAST ONE CAUSE I WAS MARRIED AND MY SON WAS BORN RIGHT AFTER THEY WERE MAILED SO WE JUST GOT ARES LATE....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You mean Obama is not going to pay my mortgage, car payment and feed my family. Darn it. I guess I should watch the news more.lol

I have plans for that 13 bucks a week we will be getting each pay period. I can buy the good toilet paper now and afford to buy the good shampoo. Yeah for change.eye rolling

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• in agreeance with anon 1:42
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I think people just listen to sound bites.. I am a political pundit, and I have few friends I can actually chat with about politics with on any informed level.

3gr8tKids

Answer by 3gr8tKids at 7:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• They aren't sending checks for people who wrok andget a pay check, but anyone on disability and ss are getting a one time check for $250
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• nope, no checks.
    unfortunately we're not getting a handout like the one we got just before bush left office.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:05 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Heather took the words right out of my mouth.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I don't personally know anyone who is expecting a check in the mail. I suspect that those who asked in here when or if we were getting them we just trolling to make Dems look bad.

Why would it be bad for Obama to return some of our tax money to us but it was totally awesome that Bush did? I don't get it.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I don't personally know anyone who is expecting a check in the mail.

I've run into a few, and the common element is they're apolitical, which runs about right with most of the questions that popped up here. I don't think it was trolling, I think it was people who don't pay attention. The ones who only get their news from Jon Stewart and Jay Leno.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009