how do i leave my husband w my child?

My husband n i moved to fl a year ago w our 2 children. i have no family here and his parents live here. He has been drinking alot and now is drinking and driving w our kids in the car! I need help but have no one! I cannot let my children live this way!

worriedwife1234

Asked by worriedwife1234 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• Where is your family?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• go to a women's shelter. Next time you know he is driving drunk with or it without the kids call the police and tell them of his location
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• Talk to your husband and give him an ultimatum. Also check into babysitters. How often does your hubby drink ?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• My family is in ky. i am in fl. i just talked to a shelter and now i have options i didnt know i had! Thank u all!!!
    worriedwife1234

Comment by worriedwife1234 (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• While you're at it, start slowing stashing money. That way you can buy a one way rental car to get to KY back to your family. You can get one way rentals around the airport and just return it to the same rental place in the state you're going.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• He drinks everyday! He is a vet n knows better! I told him if he didnt get help i was leaving w the girls! Hope he makes the right choice but we will c today! Just hate that it has to be this way!
    worriedwife1234

Comment by worriedwife1234 (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• I cannot leane the state of florida due to the fact that i am now a fl resident! I can leave but cannot take my children out of state! It is considered kidnapping! I know i already tried! But it is also neglect on my part if i let him care for our children! Shew,,, so aggervated!
    worriedwife1234

Comment by worriedwife1234 (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• Get ahold of a family law attorney and see if they can help you. You can call and set up a consultation which doesn't cost much. If you handle this right, you should be able to go to court, get a judgement against him and leave the state. Knowledge is power. NO MORE FEAR !!! Keep your chin up and fight. Everything is going to be OK. Just keep taking the next step and protect those kids.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• Thank u so much! I feel like im in a deep dark hole and cannot pull myself out!
    worriedwife1234

Comment by worriedwife1234 (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• Actually if you don't have a custody order, you should be able to leave the state. It isn't considered kidnapping when a parent leaves with their own child unless there is a court order in place. I would contact a lawyer in Kentucky if that's where you want to be. If you leave and file for a divorce or legal separation immediately, you should be okay. It also helps if you have documentation of his drinking.

Bottom line, talk to a lawyer.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:42 AM on Apr. 26, 2013