How h should i pay for babysitting (2 kids)

My oldest is staying the night at a friend's house all weekend so I don't need to pay for her. But I haven't ever had to pay a sitter before so I don't know what to pay. My neighbor is watching them she has watched them before but usually only to go to Dr s things like that so we are usually gone for no more than 2 hours. Well my DH's boss is getting married Sunday so we are going and since i know it will be more than 2 hours I told her I would pay her. The ceremony is at 2 then reception right after so not sure how long weddings are but the girls are 5 and 20 a nd a half months do not sure what to pay her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2013 in Money & Work

• I would offer maybe $5-7 an hour, if you think it'll just be maybe 4-5 hours. But if you think you might be gone longer, or you want the freedom to not have to worry about being back by a set time, I'd offer a flat rate, maybe $40? Not more than $50 total, regardless, though.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• You could look at care.com to see what going rates are in your area. It varies greatly by location. Have a good time!!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:29 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• my daughter gets 10 an hour for two kids she watches- that was the rate on the site where people were looking for sitters
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• Ask her or offer to take her kids for a day s she can relax with her DH
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• Her youngest is 16 lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Apr. 26, 2013

• If u bring ur own food and drinks I wouldn't pay Nomore than 20
    angelamorgan27

Answer by angelamorgan27 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 26, 2013