I JUST FOUND OUT IM PREGNANT N IM VERY VERY SCARED!!!! PLZ HELP!!!

HI MY NAME IS BRITNEY N IM 19YRS.OLD...IM MARRIED AND JUST FOUND OUT IM PREGNANT...IM VERY SCARED CAUSE I DO NOT KNOW WHAT 2 EXPECT!!!!!
I GUESS I AM SCARED OF GIVING BIRTH AND THE LABOR PART...IVE HEARD SOO MANY HORRIBLE STORIES...THAT LABOR PAINS ARE BAD...WHEN U HAVE THE BABY...THEY SOMETIMES HAVE 2 CUT YOUR VAGINA AND WHEN U FEEL THE BABYS HEAD COMING OUT...U FEEL A BURNIN SENSATION...SO WHAT I WANNA KNW IS DOES EPIDURAL REALLY HELP??? WHILE THE BABY IS COMING OUT...HOW DOES THAT REALLY FEEL??? AND IF I WALK EVERYDAY ALOT...IT WILL HELP ME HAVE THE BABY FASTER AND EASIER??? AND FOR ANY EXPERiENCED WOMAN IS THERE ANY TIPS U CAN GIVE ME...SO GIVING BIRTH CAN BE ALOT EASIER FOR ME??? PLZ ANSWER...IM GOiNG CRACY...N I THOUGHT LOSiNG MY VIRGINITY HURTED....NOW IMAGINE THIS...I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE UR ANSWERS...THANKS...

BRITNEY14

Asked by BRITNEY14 at 4:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had an epi and I didn't feel a thing, they had to tell me when to push.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• im 20 and due to have my second march 11 :) , i had my first at 18 so i know how you feel. I got an epi with my first and loved every minute of it, and plan on getting one again. there are alot of horror stories out there but every woman is different , i didnt rip or tear, no stiches what so ever. The labor pains can be bad, but they dont last long and you dont really remember much of it after its done. especially if you get and epi. since you just found out im assuming your not that far along, try not to worry about all that just yet you have along way to go ( 9 months can seem like forever) enjoy having your baby grow inside you!! Im here if you have any questions, you can message me.. congrats and good luck
    mrs.cooley

Answer by mrs.cooley at 5:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Hi,
    I just had my 2nd baby on New years eve! I think its natural for every woman to be scared about labor and delivery, I know I was with both my kids, even though I knew what to expect with my first. Labor pains can be a bare for some with my son I was induced and the pain was horrible I had an epi it calmed the pain down A LOT I knew I was having contraction and felt them but they were very tolerable. As for my 2nd I didnt want the epi at all I was doing great but they forced it on me good thing too because I had to have a c-section (I was so bummed) anyways everyone tolerates pain differently like with my first it was horrific then with my 2nd it wasn't near as bad and as soon as your baby is born you forget all about it - really you do, all you focus on is this beautiful child that you just brought into the world and it seems to make it so much better. If labor and delivery was really that bad we wouldnt keep having kids.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:10 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• breathe sweetie :) you have another 8-9 months to go :)

I ain't gonna lie, birth sucks LOL but you know what, after it's over, seeing your new baby makes it all worth while! and the epidural is well worth it if you are worried about the pain. I've had 3 kids, 1 no meds, 1 tried to wait it out but had pitocin so got the epi finally, then last one was epi before the pitocin (I learned with #2)

but like I said, you have about 9 months to prepare and read up on stuff :) What to Expect when you are Expecting is a great book BTW
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You have a long way to go until you deliver so calm down and don't stress about it!! Labor is painful, but it's not unbearable. Most people choose to go through it a second time, if it was too bad I doubt as many people would have multiple children!

I had an epideral with my first two and did it naturally with my third. Definitely get the epideral if you want to feel minimal pain! With my epiderals, it was easy peasy and I honestly enjoyed labor after i had it. They will help stretch your vagina out a little when it's time to push and stuff to help you avoid tearing. But you won't feel it if you do tear. Most doctors generally do NOT cut you anymore. I've had 3 children and only got a small superficial tear with my first.

You'll do fine, if you have any questions feel free to PM me:)
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 5:19 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Try to relax. There is no point in stressing like this now. Just trust me when I say then when you are there, having the baby, these things will not concern you. All you will care about is getting the baby out. Take some birth education classes, keep up with your prenatal appointments, and you'll be fine.

They will only cut you down there if they have to and you will not feel it when they do. If you get an epi and it works the right way then you won't feel a think. It's like you are numb from the waist down. You won't even be able to move your legs. Don't listen to anymore horror stories, Tell the women you talk to that if it is scary, you don't want to hear it. You'll be fine.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:04 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• First of all..congratulations!!! I agree with the others, don't stress now..focus on being as healthy as you can for your little blessing. I have heard that epidurals are very effective when it comes to high pain levels. My labor went very fast for both boys and I was unable to take anything. Let me assure you that by that time, you will be solely focused on getting that baby out! The pain is worth the end result and you'll be just fine.
    Linnea1180

Answer by Linnea1180 at 8:44 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Definitely pick up "what to expect when you're expecting" that book is a life saver. Secondly don't panic!! If you are scared of labor pain, you always have the option of getting an epidural (despite the natural birth fanatics telling you its selfish...its not!) And no they don't cut your vagina!  ITs a small flap of skin that May (big emphasis on the may) need to be cut to prevent a tear.  Its called an episiotomy (and you can turn it down) and is performed on a flap of skin between your vagina and anus.  Howerver you can do some massaging in later pregnancy to stretch it and prevent tears/episiotomy.  Besides, episiotomies aren't performed as often as they used to be, and in the grand scheme of things aren't the worst thing in the world.  My SIL had one, and to her the worst part was just the soreness after the fact.

katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Congrats on your pregnancy! The other ladies pretty much covered everything
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 9:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Epidural is a shot like IV in your back. I didn't want that and I had natural childbirth. Go take some lamaze classes to learn what to do to relax you during birth. The labor pains is what hurts the most, not the actual birth. When they cut you it is called an epesiotomy and it don't hurt at all. You never feel that. They will numb the general area up and you never feel being cut or them sewing you up, but you get to experience the feeling of giving birth and it is better on you and the baby, because you can cooperate with the doctors and nurses better and you feel great afterwards instead of groggy and numb! The feeling of numbness and not being able to move your legs feels awful! Whatever you choose to do, there is some good and some bad. It is just what you choose to do. I chose natural with LaBoya bath. That is where the father gets involved with the birth process and gives the baby its first bath. God Bless and Good Luck!
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 10:00 AM on Feb. 17, 2009