"If your annual income is over $175,000, you would most likely not be eligible for tuition assistance."

DH and I are trying to get DD into a private school. We applied for tuition assistance and this was included in the paperwork. My question: Who making that amount of money needs to apply for tuition assistance?

On another note. Wish us well that we'll get in. DH is alumni of the school and it would be wonderful if she can go. We visit the school next week and we'll know if we get financial assistance in 30 days.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2013 in

• more then likely not. Financial assistance is for kids who actually NEED the money
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• Someone with 12 kids?
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• Someone who is mortgaged up the Yin Yang & has a lot of debt. Even if it appears someone is loaded, they usually have a bigger nut to crack monthly. Obviously they aren't going to get tuition assistance. But, in this economy, many hard working family's are sitting in homes that are worth less than what they paid & cannot even get a mortgage loan to help pay for their Child's College. So in this economy it is better to have nothing so you can get assistance instead of having worked hard for many years & built up your home equity anticipating that it would be worth substantially more in a number of years only to realize that you are Fu*ked & can not get any help what so ever. So your kid cannot get assistance & you can't sell your home because your Mortgage is higher than what it is worth now.

Anonymous

• You would be surprised. I have heard of families at my kids' school, who do not need tuition assistance, but yet get it anyway. Of course they then give copious amounts of money to the school, but the tuition is discounted. It's weird and frustrating.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• I hope your daughter can get in. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• I hope she gets into the school.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• Yeah as someone who doesn't even make half of that it's kind of hard to feel bad for people who make that much. Then again I don't understand the mortgage thing anon was talking about.

I hope she gets in! GL :)
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 2:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• they've probably had ppl apply for tuition assistance who make that much and felt it necessary to nip that in the bud. wealthy ppl (in general) view status as extremely important, so if a wealthy family suddenly loses a part of their income they will keep themselves in high status places even if it means racking up a ton of debt. im sure many of the families at that school are in debt up to their eyeballs just from trying to keep up w/ the neighbors. im sure its a really horrible thing to have so much money that you think you have to spend it on dumb material things...(thats sarcasm).

hope your DD gets in!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• If your mortgage, etc. take up a significant portion of your income, finding an extra 30k per kid can be difficult no matter what you earn.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• That has to be a mistake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2013

Next question in
DO YOU KNOW

Next question overall (Health)
Numbness?