Outrage as five-year-olds get sex-education book on how to achieve orgasms and put on a condom in Germany adult content

I WOULD KILL! I wasn't even shown how to put on a condom until 9th grade health and it sure wasn't through a book like this. If someone were to hand this to my 6yr old I would slap them with the book. Maybe some people are OK with their 9 years olds engaging in sex but I am not one of them. Some may argue that they need to be taught how to protect themselves during sex at an early age so we don't have pregnant 9 year olds, but how about teaching your children respect for their bodies and others and morals and that a 9 year old shouldn't even know HOW to have sex, much less a 5 year old. Your thoughts?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315185/Five-year-olds-Germany-given-sex-education-book-achieve-orgasms-condom.html?ITO=socialnet-facebook-dailymail

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 3:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2013 in General Parenting

• five year olds should be learning how to read and how to achieve the perfect bubble, regardless of what country they're in.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• Well, are people in Germany upset by this? That's what's really important. The opinions of everyone else are insignificant.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• Yeah,that was unbelievable!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• I lived in Europe for 3 years, I saw a lot of freedoms, but this is a bit much. It was one thing when my son had to stare at bare breasts every time we went to the beach, but to teach them about orgasms? That's too much.

And people in the MIddle East are outraged that our 5 year olds are allowed in the same classroom with the opposite gender, because it's too much.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• American prudishness?

Yes, aka the butt of half the jokes in Europe, where kids aren't sheltered nearly a much as ours are and don't all grow up to be rapists and perverts.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• Crazy but also weather we teach them or not they will learn' I frenched a boy when I was 9 just cause I wanted too. Maybe we would have less teen pregnancy if we taught the kids about protection and disease. And we could also empower women by teaching them about orgasms and boy should get none unless they give lol
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 5:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• You can't apply American prudishness to European countries
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

cassie_kellison

Comment by cassie_kellison (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• I don't click on links, but I'm sure this has to be some error.

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• German school children as young as five were given a sex-education book giving graphic advice on how to put on a condom and how to achieve orgasms. Outraged parents complained when youngsters at a school in Berlin were given the book, called 'Where Do You Come From?', which features explicit cartoon depictions of sex. The book, which shows a couple called Lisa and Lars engaging in various of stages of intercourse, shows Lisa putting a condom on Lars and another image of the pair having sex. The book is still said to be available at the school but not readily accessible by pupils. Parents were not only concerned by the images featured in the book, but also by some of the explicit descriptions used. The book, aimed at educating children aged five years and upwards, reads: 'When it's so good that it can't get any better, Lisa and Lars have an orgasm,' and 'the vagina and penis feel nice and tingly and warm.'

cassie_kellison

Comment by cassie_kellison (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2013