Have a question for other moms like you? CafeMom Answers is the mom-only place to get answers to your questions about parenting, your home, and more.
I will try to keep this as short as I can, I believe I could write a book on everything...lol!!
My daughter is 11 years old and we seem to argue alot she just knows how to aggravate me. She is very disrespectful to me she does not really act like this way with her father or anyone else. I'll just list things below.
1. I can ask her to clean her room days in a row and she won't or she'll say no, I don't want to etc..The same goes for taking a shower or cleaning up after herself. Everything is a constant struggle.
2. She has clothes but she always wants to wear the same thing over and over again, people must think we can't afford clothes. I tell her to change and she throws a fit. The other morning I went in her room before school and she took her pants out of the hamper and had them on...I said no change you have clothes, she says I don't like them and she told me...Don't you talk to me that way!! I told her not to talk to me like that. I buy her nice clothes and they sit in the closet with tags on, she will say she likes them and then refuses to wear them or only wears once or twice. I refuse to waste any more money on clothes that she does not appreciate! Do I let her dress like a slob? I don't want to...I don't want her to be made fun of because eventually that will happen.
3. We joined the YMCA so we could work out together. She always complains about it, my ankle hurts, I'm tired, etc... She was all excited in the start but the initial fun wore off.
4. When she goes out with her grandma and aunt they always let her buy things or she buys things with her money. Everytime we go out she thinks she has to buy, buy, buy. I tell her no and she's like it's my money!!
5. If I don't do what she wants when she wants it she gets angry.
6. She wanted to play the cello at school. I had to rent a cello for over $40.00 a month and she does not even practice at home. I've asked many times and I just get grumped at so I gave up but I told her I will not rent it next year. Well what do you think happened? She came home yesterday with the papers for next year and she says if I promise to practice 4 times a week for the rest of this year can I do it next year? I said no and I gave her all the reasons and she kept going on, she said will you at least think about it.
I know there is the pre teen rebelling stage but this is beyond that. I mean there is alot more I can write and probably more that I can't think of right now because I am flustered. Should I put her in counseling? When she was younger she went to counseling in first and second grade because she was pulling out her eyelashes! It was the stress at school and her worrying about grades..at such a young age!! And she has started again in the past year or so. I guess I let her get away with alot becasue I don't want her to pull out her eyelashes out of anger because I yelled at her, thats why I try to be patient and talk nice but some times I get pushed to the point were I explode. I don't know what to do.
She is not like this all the time but when she is it is bad. I don't believe it is typical behavior...maybe it is. I just want to have a good realtionship with her now and in the future but she makes it so hard!! At times she is so unenjoyable.
Any advise is appreciated if this is something you went thru or are going thru as well. I am just looking for some help, guidance and support. Please don't leave any comments if they are going to be rude or mean...I have enough of that already...lol!!
Answer by Nimue930 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2013
Answer by Dardenella at 6:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2013
Answer by Ballad at 6:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2013
Answer by Nimue930 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2013
Answer by pinkparcel at 6:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2013
Answer by louise2 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2013
Answer by hellokittykat at 8:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2013
Answer by hellokittykat at 8:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2013
Answer by wifemomteacher at 9:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2013
Recently Bumped in Parenting
Can I call the police if my 18 year old daughter is out if control ?