How long did it take your preemie to catch up in height?

I'm happy that she's put on weight and has reached the 30th percentile from the 1st she was born at but she always seems to be between the 5th and 15th(this was her biggest and it didn't last for very long) percentile for height. I was well into the 99th percentile for height and weight and her Father was about average but she's just so short it causes problems with outfits.
She just barely outgrew a 0-3 months size for her height and she's 5 1/2 months old(about 4 months adjusted). Now I'm not expecting her to be huge considering she came home at 4lbs 15oz and 19 1/2 inches but her weight seems to be catching up but not her height.

How long did it take yours to catch up if they were a preemie or are they still a bit small even now?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 8:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2013 in General Parenting

• My twins were preemies and still on the small side. I think this is just who they are though.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• My son is 9 months, the dr says he is still under weight at 18 lbs. 6 months he started to get tall. now is is above average in height.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• DD was born at 31 weeks and is still small.  Her height has been around the 20th percentile from almost the beginning...now, at 7 year old, she is 46"

AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• DD was 2 lbs 15 oz at birth and 16". She was 7 weeks early. She finally hit the bottom of the growth scale at 2 years.

She's 5.5 yo now and close to the 20th in height and weight.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• I was premature myself and weighed just over two pounds. My mom said I got to where my small size wasn't particularly noticeable in a group of my peers by two or two and a half years old. But as an adult, I'm still barely five one, so I might have been small even if I was born full term.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• my son is 18 months and still small he weights 18 pounds and is in 9 month cloths
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 11:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• Mine was a 36 weeker and hit height charts first- she is just over two, maybe 23 pounds, and 30/31 inches tall.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 9:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2013