Levothyroxin question

I have been dx with hypothyroidism. My doctor gave me 25 mcg of levothy roxinple to take. I of course had to google the med first. All I see are people saying it caused horrible side effects and how they feel so bad. I am of course afraid to start taking it. Anyone have good effects from it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Apr. 27, 2013 in Health

• No. No side effects.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:35 AM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Me.
    You do not want to know what I went through for the years that they did not know wha was causing my problems. Within a month (actually much less) I was so much better.
    There are doctors that treat the cause of your thyroidnot producing what you need. I forget the name. I just say an add for a free lecture (two days ago, sigh) and I would have gone to it , just to know more.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2013

• My ex had no side effects but he took the brand name synthroid rather than the generic.

Answer by missanc at 9:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Not every body has the same problems with the same pills. You need to just start taking them and see if you have issues with the pills. They can always change meds.

Answer by louise2 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 27, 2013

• The only problems I've had with it in 14 years is that we discovered that the generic doesn't always work for me. The doc said that generic synthroid isn't always the exact same concentration as the name brand so I tried synthroid a few yrs ago and my thyroid has been under control ever since. But of course, my thyroid doesn't work at all because it's all shriveled up and I'm on a much higher dose.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2013