When you go out to eat

Does your DH/SO allow you to order your own food and your kids to order their own food or do you and your kids have to share whatever he orders with him?

It's so embarrassing that we all share his entree. Usually the waitresses will make a remark that we can't possible be full. I don't even want to go out to eat anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2013 in Food & Drink

• That seems borderline abusive to me.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2013

• You are joking right?! If my DH did that to me and the kids. We would not be going out to eat, ever. I would tell him "That's ok. I will cook. At least I know we will get full this way. Cheap ass"

Answer by louise2 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 27, 2013

• OMG! That is so sad! I have never had to share an entree. I would refuse to go out to dinner with him if that was the case. He's treating you like a dog by giving you scraps. That is humiliating in public! So he gets to go out to dinner & eat what he wants & you have to wait to get some food? No that is not the norm anywhere here in the USA. That is unacceptable to do to anyone especially in public. How about going to get a pizza & eating it at home so everyone can have a slice? Don't let this Man humiliate you please.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2013

• He's nuts
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 12:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Wow!
    Of course we all get our own food. WTF is his problem??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• I don't blame you for not wanting to go out any more. How humiliating. Is he always this controlling? Why doesn't he want you to order for yourself? Is he just stingy? Why bother going out at all?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 12:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Do you live in the USA?

Answer by louise2 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Yes, I live in the US. He use to not be this way. Last night did me in. He ordered A Mexican plate for us. Dd got the one taco. I got the one enchilada and he had the 2 chalupas. We each had a spoon of rice and beans.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• he is a fucking crazy abusive asshole

leave him and have a normal life
    Anonymous

• Is he cheap, or a chauvinistic asshole, or both?

That is not normal. Going out to eat is a treat that everyone should enjoy. Sorry you have to deal with someone like him.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2013