Which would be less tacky?

I bought some bath towels to give to my cousin's fiance at a family bridal shower, which I have to be ready to go to soon. I thought I had gift bags and paper at home, but now that I've dug it out, the only things I have are Barbie and Hello Kitty bags or Disney Princess paper. I don't have time to walk to Walgreen's and back, which is about a half a mile away and the nearest place I could get wrapping paper, before I need to leave for the shower.

So my choices are to use one of the kid-oriented wrappings, or put some tissue paper in an old pink Easter basket and tie a ribbon on it, and give the towels that way. Which would be the least tacky? My family is kind of judgmental about these sorts of things. I know I didn't plan well, but here I am.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 2:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2013 in Holidays

• Go with the Easter Basket! She could always use a basket for something!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• go with the basket and if it has a big handle thing on it -just pull it out
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• id go with the basket. the last bridal shower i went to had several baskets as gift bags. its much better than the little girl themed stuff haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Well you could always just tie them together with ribbons and curl the ends. No mystery but might work.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• The handle is okay, but the basket isn't brand-new. It's still in very good shape, but there are two little spots where the wickery stuff has come loose. Not all that noticeable, I wouldn't mind it myself, but you never know.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• I went with the basket, and the bride-to-be liked it. Turns out, someone else used Princess Barbie paper!
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2013