Is it to early to begin school shopping for next year?

My son is going to pre-K and i've started school shopping five months early because i want him to have everything. Am i moving to fast?

luv.My.JK

Asked by luv.My.JK at 8:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you will get better deals/sales/coupons if you wait...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• i wouldn't just because how fast my dd is growing lately i would be very mad if stuff didnt fit
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• I would work on skills that he would need for Pre-K rather than buying school supplies right now. As But_Mommie said, the better deals are in July/August.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• If you buy too many clothes now, they may not fit in the fall. I bought a summer dress for my daughter on clearance at the end of 2012, and I was disappointed because she's nearly grown out of it before she's gotten to wear it much yet.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Oh, and my daughter didn't need many school supplies for pre-K this last year. Unless you know what your son is supposed to have already, you may end up buying stuff the school isn't asking for.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• You mean like pencils and crayons and school supplies?
    If you see them on sale get them, but it is better to save the cash and wait until just before school sales.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• usually supplies go on sale a few weeks before xchool starts- it's cheaper then

as far as clothes- we never did "school clothes "shopping- we just buy and outfit and a pair of new shoes and the rest as they need it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Nope. I bought DD an outfit for next school year when I was buying for this school year.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:20 AM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Just get a size up- if you can figure that out without him outgrowing it or skipping sizes, there are great sales between now and then, Old Navys' $10 jean sale, you will probably need a pair of "indoor" shoes and another for outside, so check out shoe sales, there is alot you can get ahead of time, I do it every year and by september my kids have everything and alot of it too lol
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 4:34 PM on May. 2, 2013