::sigh:: who thinks the cops will be at my door soon?

I MADE DS try on the jeans I got him today. He did not want to. I told him I needed him to because these were cut different. HUGE mistake. stupid stupid stupid. He then started SCREAMING that they were ugly and he would never wear them!! The whole time screaming I was killing him and hurting him and how I needed to stop 'hitting' him. ( I wasn't ) the jeans were stupid and I was stupid and I did not deserve to live and this has been the worst day ever...

They have seen him have melt downs before but tonight was just over the top... and we already discussed in my last thread how thin the walls are here...

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

• He isn't a brat!

But_Mommie, there's nothing you can do. Just wait it out and don't worry. You can only do what you can do working with him. Hang in there Mama. It'll be okay.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• I am so sorry. They could very well show up but certainly if they have it explained and talk to him they will get it sorted out.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• "wow hes a brat it seems how old is he?"

What the fuck?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Hopefully your neighbors will understand about the Aspergers , & won't freak out. But if the cops do show up, it shouldn't take much to explain it. Hugs, I'm sorry your DS is having a bad evening, & I hope your evening gets better.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Wow, how hard that must be for you. If they show up, they won't stay. Hang in there, Mama.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Ah, yes, aspie meltdowns. been there. What worked with my son was if I gave him options. "You can try them on now or you can try them on after lunch, which one do you choose. " As I'm sure you understand, you have to pick your battles. I always have to ask myself, is it worth the fight? Or can I wait until he decides to do it when he wants to. ( With me reminding him over and over)

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 9:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Well, if it makes you feel any better, the cops showed up here once, and mine don't have any known medical reasons for their behavior.

Good luck, Mama. I hope tomorrow is a better one.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• If one of your neighbors calls the cops, then they must not have kids, period. I mean, if I heard that next door, and didn't know the circumstances, I might think your kid wasn't very nice or something but I wouldn't call the cops. I'd ignore it, or if I couldn't, I'd just knock on your door and ask you if you could please make him keep it down.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Mine is almost 19. The shopping for dorm stuff was SO much fun. He would get overwhelmed and just walk away, ( we don't do the screaming meltdowns anymore, thank God) usually when I was in mid sentence. "Do you want these sheets or th... Where are you going?"
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 9:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• I'm sorry. That sounds like a rough one. :( Next time you need him to try something on, maybe tell him you want to see how much he's grown.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2013