What to do about my son? adult content

My son has alot of stuff batman and superman toys but he humps them, i dont know what to do so how he want sleep without them? how do i stop this?

luv.My.JK

Asked by luv.My.JK at 8:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You're kidding, right? Why would a preschooler even know how to hump a stuffed toy?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Let it go, it'll pass.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• no not kidding, i adopted him he came from a bad family
    luv.My.JK

Comment by luv.My.JK (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• I would explain that is not how you treat your toys. If he continues to do it, take all of them away except for one that he can sleep with. Once he shows that he knows how to treat his toys, he can earn them back.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• so what? Is he doing it in public? Leave him alone

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• This is not uncommon. I'd just ignore him until he outgrows it.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• no he dont do it in public....
    luv.My.JK

Comment by luv.My.JK (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• I'm sorry. I didn't know he was adopted, and apparently it's normal anyway--maybe I'm lucky I only had a little girl!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• I think it's pretty normal. When my niece was 4 she would lay down face first in the middle of the living room (where ever she was, home, nana's house, my house) and put her hands down her pants, and "wiggle" No one ever told her to stop. She's 30 now, and is a normal average person. Although I'm sure she would be quite embarrassed if I reminded her of her activities.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 9:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• I have heard of this as totally normal for both boys and girls actually. I would approach it in a calm manner if you choose to address it with him. Be sure not to shame him for it or it could cause unhealthy self confidence issues. I'm no expert, but maybe bring it up to his ped. For reassurance at your next visit.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2013