first baby. due the 21st. up all night with contractions every 6 minutes. someone plz help...

hi. ill be 21 in march and im expecting my first born in about 4 days. my mucus plug came out the day before yesterday nd all day yesterday and last night, ive been having semi-painful contractions that are 6 minutes apart. i dont want to waste my time and go to the hospital for no reason and get sent back home so what do i do?! my water hasnt broken yet but i feel the urge to pee every 10 minutes!!! plz help me someone. im about to go crazyyyy!!!

Anonymous_J

Asked by Anonymous_J at 7:12 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call the doc and see what they say if you lost your plug and contractions are six minutes apart it shouldnt be too long good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:14 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• it certainly sounds like labor. if you live far from the hospital then get ready to go. If not then hang on until you can't take it anymore. If your practice is open you can call them. They may evaluate you there so you don't have to go to the hospital unless you are very far along. Good luck and congrats!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:14 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Sounds like youre in labor and should call your dr and possibly make your way into the hosp. With my first I was the same way. I woke up in the middle of the night with the same sort of contractions youre talking about, had to pee etc. By the time I got to the hosp I was 5 cm dilated. Good luck.

Answer by gemgem at 7:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I would wait If the pain is manageable right now ( you can still walk without doubling over in pain) , but do still call your doctor he may want you to wait a bit longer or come in right away. I would wait til they are 4 or 5 mins apart
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 9:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my rule of thumb is contractions 4 min apart, 1 min long, for 1 hour before going in. You can call your doc but there are risks of going to the hospital early. You could never progress at this rate, and wind up with all sorts of interventions etc. It's possible that this could slow down, or even stop lol... and you don't want that to happen checked in at the hospital because they will augment your labor.

Good luck!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• id pack ur bags and go to the hospital. ur in labor.good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• thanks for all the answers. i went to the hospital and i was only 2 cm :( they gave me a biggg glass of water and told me to walk around for two hours. an hour later, my water broke and i was 4 cm :)... 45 mins later i was having the feeling i had to make a BM. they checked me and i was fully dialated. :) long story short, i went to the hospital at 9 nd had my daughter at 1 :)
    Anonymous_J

Answer by Anonymous_J at 2:15 AM on May. 17, 2009