Brag time

Just got home from the last Taekwondo tournament of the 2012-13 season. I'm exhausted but thrilled.

I placed in all events I competed in, and my family did AWESOME!

Me:
Form: 1st
Weapons: 2nd
Sparring: 3rd
Combat Weapons: 1st

Hubby:
Form: 4th
Weapons: 1st
Sparring: 3rd
Combat Weapons: 2nd

Son (9):
Form: 1st
Weapons: 1st
Sparring: didn't place

Daughter (6):
Form: 1st
Weapon: 1st
Sparring: 1st
All competitors at her age level all get 1st place for whatever they compete in.

It's been a LONG day for us and it's only 7:00pm (pacific)

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 10:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Rosehawk, that is awesome! Very impressive! Congrats to you all. :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Congratulations to your family!!

When my son was in martial arts he loved the tournaments. I hope he will rejoin again when he is older.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Way to go, all of you!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Cool!
    good job to all of you :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Yay! Congrats!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Some of them were gimme's. :)

There were 4 people in my ring so I was guaranteed at least 3rd in sparring. I was the only one in my ring doing combat weapons, so that's an automatic 1st as well. Weapons I'm meh about just because I came up with something lame on the spot. My level doesn't have a weapons form to learn so it's ALL made up. Form I'm pleased with. I tied for first against a black belt recommended, and won the tie breaker. She made a couple of small mistakes the second time around. My 1st place in forms is the one I truly EARNED through some hard work and a little luck.

Same situation with hubby; 4 competitors. My son had about 5 competitors in his ring.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• Congrats!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 10:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• In all the time I was in taekwondo, I never did a tournament. I don't like performing, so I only did it for belt graduations, and even that stressed me out, LOL. Forms I am fine with, and sparring is my weakest. I am good at weapons.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2013

• I'm not all that keen on performing either Julie. Tournaments are different though. If you dojang feels like close family, tournaments are a reunion of extended family.

The masters are SO approachable and easy to talk to/with. They've ALWAYS got time for anyone. Your competitors are super supportive of what you do, at least mine were. The the recommended black belt that I beat out to get 1st if forms is one of the nicest, sweetest people I've met in a LONG time.

I can also understand not wanting to go anywhere NEAR them. I was so nervous at my first tournament.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Great job!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2013