Causes uneven uterine contractions

I've had this problem with the birth of both of my children, I don't have normal even(as in both sides at the same time) uterine contractions. When I had problems with infertility they did a pelvic dye test for masses and two c-sections so I know I don't have fibroids or a bizarre uterine shape(I might have some abnormalities but nothing really obvious). I've just never had effective contractions without pitocin and that includes with walking as well as with or without the epidural. I tried googling it and had no luck finding anything and asking my doctor she doesn't know either. They initially thought it was because my son was breech but then it happened again with my daughter who was not.
I've been considering a VBA2C with a local doctor but I'm skeptical if it will go any different with baby number 3 especially since I'm uncomfortable with pitocin having 2 uterine scars.

Does anybody know what can cause this problem? Did anything help to correct it or was it just always a problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I don't know but if your current doctor doesn't have any idea perhaps he/she can referr you to a more specialized or knowlegeable specialist??
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:40 AM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I finally found something in a few medical text books about it, apparently it does usually mean malpresentation but can mean cephalopelvic disproportion. It did give me a good reason why both of my babies were distressed but this usually only happens with women having their first baby. I knew that my son got stuck but they always told me that was because he was breech.
    So I may have had CPD with both of mine but they didn't identify it I guess because I'm not a small woman and my babies were small. If that's the case I'm not a good candidate for VBA2C because of a small pelvic opening.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2013