Have any of you ever taken Celexa for Post Prtum Depression? I am battleing a pretty sever case and this is what my MD rec. If so, how long before you were feeling better? THANKS!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am not sure on your med, but in general antidepressant meds can take a few weeks before you start feeling like your old self again.This is normal for this class of drug, so dont expect to feel better after one dose, it takes time for them to work. As long as you dont have any bad side effects from them, keep taken it, if no results after 3 weeks call your Dr. or ask him the timeline for this med or when you can expect to feel better.
    I wish you the best.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I know that Celexa is similar to Lexapro, which I've used. With Lexapro, I started feeling somewhat better within a few days, but it took a few weeks to have full effect.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 17, 2009