SAHM or WM?

Which would you rather be and have you done both?

I have done both in a sense. I stayed home with my first daughter, but since I had my second daughter I've been going to school (actually started before she was born but then I took a quarter off). I'm in my junior year of college, about to be a senior and graduate next spring (yay!) so you could say I've been a working mom too. I do miss being home with my girls, but I just remember before when I was home with my daughter I was lonely. I tried going to playgroups to meet other moms but I just never felt I fit in with them. When I started school I met other moms and actually made friends with moms who shared the same goals as I did. I think that's why I prefer being a working mom.

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 12:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I've been both. I like both. I loved being a SAHM when my three kids were little, I was able to do so much with them. It was difficult being a SAHM but I loved it. I'm a WM now and I like the work I do and it's important to me. I also like the extra security of a second income. I do feel like I don't spend enough time with my kids sometimes but they're a little older now.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• done both- I'd rather be a part time working mom- like a few hours a day or a couple longer days a week ;)
    *we don't NEED the money- but I am SO SO bored being home all the time (other than shopping and zumba-ing)
    it has definitely gotten old.

the thing is- that unless you give your whole life for availability in retail-they don't even want to talk to you so...bleh. I havn't applied for anything lately

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• ive done both, I rather be a stay at home mom. In another sense I like to work because I like to have my own money and I dont like to depend on anyone. My children count on me to take care of them. This is my house and the car is also mine. I like to keep it that way just in case something happens.
    Anonymous

• I've done both. And now I'm self employed so it doesn't really matter.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I've done both. I was a sahm with my oldest until after my youngest was born. Then I went back to school and back to work (I was divorced by then, so I had to work). I loved staying at home with my kids, although knowing that my unreliable ex was our sole source of income was not comfortable. Working was nice, being able to pay my bills and all, but it sucked for spending any quality time with my kids and once they started school, I was totally screwed.

I've since found the best of both worlds for me. I work from home, as a writer, and homeschool my kids. I get to spend tons of quality time with my kids, we're part of a homeschooling group so they have friends and I have adult friends and contact, and I make money to pay the bills with my writing. It's ideal for me, and I wouldn't trade it for anything (well, okay, maybe for unlimited money to travel the world with the kids! lol).
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I'd rather work part time.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I've done both and would rather work while they are in school. Each has it's own benefits, but I crave adult conversations and interacting with people.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I have only worked fulltime but would rather work parttime but know it will not happen anytime soon.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I have been some what both when i was in school. I worked part time and now full time. I I like it now. I have enough money to pay bulls and do fun stuff with my dd.
    libramoon007

Answer by libramoon007 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• It's actually possible to do both at the same time.

winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 1:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2013