How to get sticky off a shirt?

DS's daycare put a stupid picture day sticker on his shirt. I forgot to take it off & ended up washing & drying the shirt with the sticker still on. Now his shirt has sticker glue & paper still on it. It's a bitch to get off. How can I remove it?! It's new shirt & it's nice, so I really want it off.

paige8608

Asked by paige8608 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm not sure. I have one that had a voting sticker on it four years ago and I've yet to get all the sticker residue off.

My best guess would be maybe try some rubbing alcohol? It works for getting it off glasses and stuff, so maybe it would work for this?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Try Dawn dishwashing liquid full strength and let it sit for 10-15 minutes, or so, and then use fingernail to scrape off. Set the stained area of the fabric in a dish so the Dawn can stay totally on it and not drip off. I use it for tons of things like this GL!!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 3:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Goo gone its orange oil based and you van find it at most supermarkets. Break up the sticky with it and wash as usual. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 4:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2013