Has anyone on here ever dealt with this?

Since my daughter has been about 10 months old, she would wake up during the night and start choking,coughing violently, and then screaming. I don't know if she stops breathing or not? We are going in for a sleep study in March, and hopefully this will give us answers. They are also going to be looking at her tonsils/adnoids, and if they are enlarged they will be removing them. My DD is now 3 years old, these episodes have stopped for the last couple months, and now they just started up 3 days ago during her nap. Has anyone else went through something similar to this?

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 8:16 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yea my son whose now 15 used to have that happen. It was sleep apnea related to enlraged tonsils. We didnt have to do a sleep study though. His pediatrician was able to send us to an ear nose and throat doctor and they looked at his tonsils and we had to answer some questions. They took out his tonsils and adnoids and has been fine ever since.

Answer by gemgem at 8:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yes, both of my daughters have had their adnoids removed and my oldest has had her tonsils
    removed---it's like made them into totally different children...they were literally having to work to breath while they were sleeping, so they weren't getting the rest that they need.
    Purplejewels

Answer by Purplejewels at 11:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2009