What type of girl would you want your son to bring home?

what type of girl would you like your son to bring home to you? what about the age limit you would accept? some parents turn their child aloose at 18 and he/she still has no clue of life

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2013 in General Parenting

• Ok your title says one thing and then your other statement says son. Which is it what type of girl you would like your son or daughter to bring home?
    libramoon007

Answer by libramoon007 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• im so happy you caught that lol i meant son bring home
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• One who respects him and treats him well. Somebody who doesn't play games. As for the age, it really depends on what my kids (and their girlfriends) are like when they get older. Some kids grow up faster than others. My husband and I were married at 18. He was still in high school.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Good question actually.

My oldest has a new girlfriend and all I can say is, UGH!
    But, that being said, I can see where she can be good for him. Motivated, self sufficient, independent...She seems to have the qualities he needs in a relationship and vice versa ..
    As long as she treats my son well and we can get along (cough, cough)...that's what matters most.

God! That didn't sound convincing at all, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I want my son to bring home a girl who respects him, treats him well, loves him. Someone with whom he can compromise, that they can work things out when they have an issue. Someone he can see himself spending the rest of his life with, not just the next few weeks, months, or years, but forever.

As for age...I don't know. Depends on maturity, what they're doing, where they live, etc.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• my son is in college and this girl just graduated high school...he brought her to me and i wanted to slap them both. further more shes too young for him and shes needy. she moved in with my son now my son came over today and when i asked how were they doing? he told me he can't see himself with her because she not in school or anything. this is what made me brought the question up today. i met her parents and omgg horrible...shes not an encouragement type she still has the mind of a child..my son graduated 5 years ago..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Respectful, and responsible would be nice.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• she had me fooled with the acting of respect she dont have it period she just pretend
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• My son is 26, gf is 22. I don't like anything about her so I know how you feel.
    I've learned to try to remain calm and accepting and pray to God she and he are smart enough not to get pregnant.
    If he knew exactlly how I felt, it would only cause him to be closer to her.
    Try doing what I did. Find one thing positive about her and focus on that. Sounds to me, he's already starting to figure her out.
    Hang in there!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• lol what pisses me of the most she lied about her age to me...she said she was 19 i checked her facebook page because she doesnt look like shes 19 of age. she is only 18 years old she did not have to lie to me and her mom has a facebook page also. her mom make it seem like when she email me that her daughter is grown and responsible. her mom think she is my best friend and thats not how this is gonna work. her mom should have taught her to be on her own before she even graduated. my son has to do everything for her and help her. she isnt thinking of college unless you bring it to her attention its all about procastination
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2013