Why would a parent take another parent to court for visits and then stop going before the court proceedings are even done?

So here is a little back story.... DF's STBXW haven't been together for over 4yrs. He caught her cheating on him. My DF was awarded full custody, she just decided she didn't even want to see SS or anything. She had NO CONTACT with SS since the split. My DF and I have been together for a little over 3yrs. So I am the only mom he has ever really known. Now fast forward to last fall she decided she wants to see SS, so we go through the courts to get it all set up. Everything goes fine for the first month and a half, her visits were every Saturday for hrs. And then she just stopped showing up. Which brought SS's abandonment issues, that we had worked so hard on, to come back full force. Which really pissed me off. She has not seen SS since before Christmas and hasn't talked to him since his bday (February 5th) for like 45 seconds. She also hasn't been showing up to the court hearings or status conferences. My question is, why would a parent take another parent to court for visits and then stop going before the court proceedings are even done?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 4:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2013 in General Parenting

• Because she's an idiot! I'd go to court to make sure she never gets visitations again.
    She should be ashamed of herself messing with his mind like that!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Maybe she was using the kid to try to get in a poke or two at her ex. I agree with PMS, she ought to be ashamed!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• She's using the kids as a pawn in her sick games. She wants to be in control, have all the power. She needs to grow up and do what's best for the children, not her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2013