• In the Spotlight:

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think like that. I guess I'm pretty pro-life, I don't let that turn me into a nut-case with my head up my ass though. I also believe in government assistance.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 5:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• popcorn

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• im so glad somebody gets this.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I'm pro life. I'm not anti feeding hungry children, but I think they can be fed for a heck of whole lot less than they give in food stamps. I feed my family of 7 for less than 1/2 of a full amount of food stamps for family of the same size.
    I also work in a pregnancy life care center where we help pregnant/new mothers find services where they can get help with food, shelter, clothing, etc. Our city has multiple soup kitchens that serve lunch and supper and I know of at least one that now serves breakfast. I'm assuming we aren't the only one. There's no reason for a child to be hungry.

Answer by missanc at 5:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• With all the help out there(food kitchens, food bank, churches, and yes govt. assistance) there is no reason for a child to go hungry. I agree that I can feed my family on much much less then what foodstamps are. I'm not ashamed to say that I currently recieve food stamps and the amount they give us is WAY to much...but if I was to go into the office and tell them that they would look at me like I'm crazy lol.

I am very much pro-life. Pro life means you are for life...ALL life and why the heck would I want a child to go hungry? There are many ways to prevent pregnancy, and if you are already in a bad financial spot there is no reason for you to get pregnant again, THAT is what people are saying..that it is irresponsible to bring a child into the world again and again when you know you can't feed them all. Does not apply to everyone on assistance as many families fall on hard times after having children.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I'm pro life...all life. And that means that I do everything I can to feed and clothe and protect all.
    The incredible and overwhelming ignorance of that statement is just that, overwhelming and ignorant.
    The very fact that most food kitchens, new mother support centers, pregnancy centers, free medical clinics and just about any other non governmental charitable entity that helps the poor is of a religious bend only adds to the incredible ignorance of the original post.
    snookyfritz

Answer by snookyfritz at 6:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• None of the pro lifers got up-votes LMAO
    Anonymous

• Sad but true.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• That is not true.. I dont believe in abortion because its murder. Do i think people w/o money should have kids? no of course not bc they cant afford them. There are families that would be more then willing to take the child.. and lets be real theres food stamps, so this picture is so unrealistic.
    Anonymous

• Anon just provided us a perfect example of what the post is talking about.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2013