Concepts that are hard to understand....

My dh and i went out to brunch today, and we got to talking about concepts we find the hardest to wrap our heads around. For me its the concept of eternity. Whether you believe in "eternal life" or not, its a very difficult to fully comprehend. Theres a verse in Amazing Grace that says:" when weve been there 10,000 years, bright shining like the sun. Weve no less days to sing His praise than when weve first begun."

Thats what Im talking about. Being somewhere 10,000 years, and no time has run off the clock. Because there is no end. I have a hard time comprehending something that has no time tied to it because there is no end.

What is it for you? Whats a hard concept for you to get your head wrapped around? It can be anything....

Nimue930

Asked by Nimue930 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with JJK, but even on the level of a single child. I was hanging out with my daughter at the park today, enjoying her innocence and how full of wonder she believes the world is, and I found myself thinking it was just beyond me how anyone could knowingly take that unspoiled, unhurt outlook away from a child by abusing him or her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• For me, it's how anyone can hurt a child. The Sandy Hook shooting for me was so difficult to even think about because I will never understand how any mind can go there.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Can I add animals to the list? Really anything that's helpless and innocent. I know a woman who murdered her sons' hamsters. She didn't like them. She put them into a garbage bag and took them out and put them in a trash can. They were trapped, crushed, and killed. Why? Why couldn't she give them away or at the very least let them go? Why do people go to a pet store, buy an animal and make it go home with them, then abuse it or kill it for existing? They don't have a choice to be there. Kids don't have a choice to be born. Both are helpless and innocent.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I cant wrap my head around people who blame others for their problems and also abusing children and animals are my pet peeves.
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 1:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Yeah, JJK... It's very hard to find work in some places, especially.

I haven't seen a teenager working at a drug store or fast food place around here in years. Jobs are all taken by the thousands and thousands who were laid off from the RV industry when the economy tanked 5 years ago. We've gotten maybe 1 in 8 jobs back, and those are for less money or shorter shifts. Nobody in this town makes what they were making in 2006, unless they're a bankruptcy or foreclosure attorney.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Ok...Gonna say it...GUN CONTROL. I can't wrap around my head the fact our govt thinks by making gun difficult to get will curb the gun violence, or cut down on mass killings. They want to make new laws when all in fact they need to enforce the ones that already exist. And throw a little common sense, and make the crime of killing a person with a gun more strict instead of plea bargaining like DOJ Eric Holder does.

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I have trouble understanding eternity even as a Christian and believe in it.

As a former foster parent I can't understand the abuse that some of the kids went thru from what were "loving" parents. I don't understand a government that has grown so large that it forgets about the people. It forgets that we're grown adults and capable of making some decissions even if they are the wrong ones and we should have to pay for our mistakes. Not have the government cover for us.

I don't get why we have a death penalty and people sit on death row for years and years. If we're going to have it then give them 1 appeal and then finish it. Why do we pay millions to keep condemed people alive for years and years allowing their victims family's to continue to wonder if they'll get out on a technicality. Why do we allow these same people turn around and sue the victims family making them suffer even more.

baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• dark matter

We know it's there, we can "see" it, but we can't see it, yet it makes up the majority of the universe (though there's now the suggestion that not all dark matter is the same dark matter). So if there is more than one, how do we know?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• pinkdragon, in some parts of the country there are 3 or 4 applicants for every job that's available. It's damn near impossible to find a job in my city. I feel bad for those who are searching.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• i have a lot of difficulty understanding the idea of more than 2 genders...its just such a foreign idea that it confuses me.

also, quantum physics. i have a friend that loves it and he's tried to explain a million simple ways and i just dont get it. i dont loose much sleep about not getting it tho haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2013