Did you have Cephalopelvic disproportion? How large was your baby?

I'm aware that this is not a terribly academic website but if you need any help understanding anything just ask.

I've been looking for explanations and reasons why or why not based on my surgical reports and experiences whether or not to try for a VBA2C with a local doctor.
Both of my former pregnancies have a contraction pattern common to cephalopelvic disproportion( presenting part won't fit through pelvis). Son was breech and got very stuck and became distressed(yes confirmed distress with need of support). So he got stuck but they told me it was because his butt was first not his head and yes I walked around and squatted with contractions, it didn't work. He only weighed 6lbs 8oz so he was a small baby.

Second baby 8 hours of hard painful labor with all of 1 cm progress leaving me at the same 5 1/2-6 cm,same ineffective contraction pattern,same distress with support needed and no dissent into pelvis. She was 5lbs 3oz, so she was even smaller and was head first.

I think they won't call it CPD because of how small my babies are but if I've had 2 cases of CPD a VBA2C would be a bad idea.

Did you have a c-section for CPD? How big was your baby? How did they determine that your pelvic opening was too small?

I mean it's kind of a weird thought that your pelvis might be shaped wrong or too small for a 5 pound baby.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 6:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2013 in General Parenting

• I have never heard of the term cephalopelvic disproportion, however, that is exactly what happened to me when I tried to give birth. I was in labor for 12 hours but was only dialated to a 4 and was not progressing. When he started to go into distress, they did a c-section. He was born weighing 11 lbs. and 10 oz. though. Have you talked with your doctor about a VBA2C? The doctor may be able to give you more answers by looking at your medical history.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• My son was 8 lbs 9 oz. he got stuck in the birth canal and had to have his shoulder broken to get him out after the used the vacuum to get his head out

Answer by missanc at 6:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2013